Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dual PRI

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomshenryii

Programmer
Aug 15, 2008
US
If you have a site with a PRI and its going to have a second PRI from another carrier, do you need 2 clocking cards? Its a MICS 6.1 with only 1 combo card. If it requires a second clocking card, I will have to upgrade the software from MICS 6.1 to MICS XC6.1 to support the additional slot needed. I just need to know so that I can prepare the site for cost measures.

On the Nortel Option range, where more than one PRI card is installed you only need one clocking source that is usually connected to the telephone exchange.

However, a secondary clocking source can be used on another PRO card as a backup if the first circuit or click fails.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Same should be with Norstar....only one needed.

There are issues with 6.1 and instead of using 6.1MR fix you should be upgrading to 7.1 XC especially at today's rates.

Add me to LinkedIN

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back