Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dual Ojbect in Sites and Services

Status
Not open for further replies.

markettm

MIS
Aug 16, 2000
US
Hey everyone, hope someone has seen this before. I have 2000 AD and have a number of different sites set up.

I just inherited administering this a few months ago and just found one of our controllers listed in 2 different sites?? IE, I have SERVERA listed in Site1 AND Site2.

One of the site listings is correct and has it's replication set up. The other, which is incorrect appears to be an orphaned object. I don't want to just delete the bad listing because I don't want to take the chance of affecting the server.

Any ideas?

try DCDIAG to check and see that everything is working and set up correctly...

there is also replmon (resource kit i think) that will show you your replication topology... and ultrasound that helps debug replication problems...

you can use all these and see if there is a problem beofre trying to delete the server object in the wrong site... and depending on the results you get, you might see if you can delete it without problems...

you could also try searching here:
on this page, try the link :HOW TO: Find and Clean Up Duplicate Security Identifiers with Ntdsutil in Windows Server 2003

Aftertaf

getting quite good at sorting out Windows problems...
An expert when it comes to crashing Linux distributions (mdk, debian - nothing withstands me)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back