Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dual Monitors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laylobrown

Technical User
Mar 7, 2007
US
I have a geforce 7800 with a vga and dvi output with a monitor connected to both to set up dual monitor.

When the pc cuts on i see preboot information on both monitors all the way to the windows loading screen, when it's time for the login screen to come on the dvi monitor says no signal.

Now the one that says that is the primary monitor because that's what i set it to do. How can I put things back to default when i can't see what i'm doing?

I've removed the other monitor and reboot and it doesnt do it automatically.

after windows loads you have no output on either screen?

"You could dream a little dream or you could live a little dream. I'd rather live it, cuz dreamers always chase but never get it" -Aesop Rock

I was able to get it to work, I opened msconfig and luckily was able to drag it to the extended screen that did show. See, when i extended the screen, the primary screen went off and the extended one was still on, even after i disconnected the second monitor.

I did a restore to an earlier time/date and then was able to configure it correctly.

I will tell you, RDP and VNC even did not allow me to correct it. RDP's display settings did not reflect the real status and vnc only showed the extended screen lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back