Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dual Monitor Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Auguy

Programmer
May 1, 2004
US
Is there anything I HAVE to do, or must NOT do to make a vb.net 2008 app be compatible with dual monitors? My main form has IsMdiContainer set to true and contains the main menu. Is this going to be a problem? I would like the user to able to drag the forms that are created through the main menu items to the second monitor. Unfortunately I don't have dual monitors for testing.

Auguy
Northwest Ohio

There is nothing special you have to do for a program to be moved to the second monitor. That said and mdi child belongs to the container so unless the container is moved to the second monitor or stretched across both monitors there is no way to drag a child form to the second monitor.

-I hate Microsoft!
-Forever and always forward.
-My kingdom for a edit button!

Thanks Sorwen, that's what I was thinking. So if I don't set the MdiParent property on the forms then I assume I'll be able to drag the forms to the second monitor.

Auguy
Northwest Ohio

Correct. As long as it isn't a child form you can move it however you want.

-I hate Microsoft!
-Forever and always forward.
-My kingdom for a edit button!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back