Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dual integration of Unity and Nortel Mer Mail, where to start?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCMprogrammer

Technical User
Sep 27, 2004
US

The customer wants a solution for integrating a new Unity (that will run on a new CallManager) voicemail system with their legacy Mer Mail: Nortel Meridian Mail;
Modular s/n 6055
Release 13/12/1

I'm working on the Unity side so I have no idea about the Nortel side regarding making a checklist for software/patch upgrades, version level, etc. Can anyone help me out with pointing me in the right direction or recommending an expert?

Tell your customer that they need to make a decision. Trash one of them and keep the other. I would lobby for the MerMai

Perfection is expected, Excellence is Tolerated

[upsidedown] I'm pro-Nortel and I'm not sure I would make that recommendation. I've used Unity for 3 years (last job) and the benefits of Unified Messaging (to me at least) are huge.

I would lobby for CallPilot, but... given a choice between MerMail and Unity, I'd choose Unity.

Still, hypothetically... if you had multiple sites and had to migrate in phases... how would you do it?

You can use the existing MerMail simply with a QSIG T-1 between the Nortel and CM via a gateway.

However, note that MerMail 13 goes EOL March 2009.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back