Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

dual head video card

Status
Not open for further replies.

2cxc

Programmer
Aug 29, 2003
CA
Hi, i'm excited cause i got a dual head video card, and was wondering how i can configure it so that i can bring a program on each monitor, casue now what ever i bring up on one it brings up on the other, thanks

The 2 monitors will display only what the system is running.
If you want different programs running on each monitor, then you will have to connect one of them to another system.

What kind did you get? Geforce or ATI?

I'm running a Geforce4 TI4800 dual head to my 19" and 21" monitors.
I'm at work currently, so I can't look at my settings, but there is a setting to extend the desktop to the second monitor.

Let us know the tpe of card, and we can go from there.

where do i look for that, under display adapter in device manager? if so its a RADEON 7000 / RADEON VE

What OS are you using? You may need XP before you can run seperate desktop images.

Go to your control panel, and double click display.
Click settings.
Click on monitor icon #2.
Click YES to enable the second display.
Check "Extend my windows monitor onto this monitor".
Click "apply"

And see how that goes.
Been years since I've touched NT, so I may be a bit off on where things are, but that should get you started.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back