Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

dual forms with hidden div

Status
Not open for further replies.

nat1967

Technical User
Feb 13, 2001
US
hi everyone,

i am trying to create a form tht gives the user two choices for requesting a quote. one form is for screen printing and the other is embroidery.

what i want to accomplish is:

start off with both forms hidden
ask the user to select which they want by use of a button or checkbox
show the proper form and keep the other hidden.

i know this is done with hidden div tags. i have looked online and through several html books but i dont see how to accomplish. I did find a FAQ here that addressed show/hide 1 form but i cant seem to get it to work with dual forms.

any tips, tricks, or advice?

Thanks in advance.

Have A Great Day!!!, [bigglasses]

Nathan
Project Manager III

Well, if you want to show and hide two separate forms, you should play with display property on the form element. However, your checkbox would then be in another form. If you're happy with just a regular button or with a link then it is easier. Just create a tiny Javascript script that changes display of two forms from block to none, depending on which button is pushed. Javascript (forum216) should be able to provide help with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back