Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

dual drive letter but same disk drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptNeo

Technical User
Jun 4, 2002
US
Hello all,

I have an unsual problem on my server, it's got one raid-5 logical drive but has two drive letters assigned to it. I wanted to get rid of the other drive letter but can't find where to do it. I found here somewhere to remove it from registry so I won't see it in windows explorer but what if I need to use the same drive letter for other drives? Disk Manager doesn't see it, defrag doesn't see it and only windows explorer sees it. I have drive L: which is the raid-5 logical drive but I also see drive M: which is the same drive. If I create a file in drive L:, I can also see it in M:. If I delete it, it gets deleted in drive M:. Even creating and deleting files in M:, they show in L:.

One more thing I also noticed, if I share a folder in L:, it's not shared in M:.

Does someone have any idea what's going on in my server? TIA.

Sounds like you have an Exchange 2000 Server, M drive is created by Exchange. If this is the case, your best bet is to not mess around with it and leave it as-is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back