Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dual-core processor slowing Paradox??

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtastad

Programmer
Feb 5, 2002
US
I have a new workstation (Sony Dual-core - 1 gig of ram, XP Pro) that is significantly slower than all our other systems. There is a delay when arrowing between records and a general sluggishness. I re-installed Paradox 8 and then tried 9 without any improvements. I copied the CFG file from a computer that is performing well. I even copied the database to the local drive to rule out a network issue (we are running Server2003). There are not any orphaned printers. Does anyone have any ideas? We are ready to toss this machine and get a different one - any ideas are greatly appreciated!!

Try disabling the network adapter itself. This will isolate it to the actual machine. If not delete any network drives on the machine, even when stand alone.

Does this effect any other programs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back