Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dual Conversion vs Line Interactive UPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob98

Technical User
Nov 29, 2016
US
Hello all,

I am looking into adding a new UPS system to support a switch rack in my data-center and I am unsure which type is really necessary for this application.I know that dual conversion protects the equipment from a much larger variety of power related problems but the prices are a bit higher than what I am wanting to spend. For just supporting some switch racks is the dual conversion really necessary?

On a side note we do have a 80kVA UPS that are supplying power to the data-center that I could to use support these switches but I am looking for a longer run time than this UPS can give. Is there some set up where I can place a smaller line interactive UPS in series with my current dual conversion UPS to both protect my equipment and provide me with the additional run time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back