Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

dual connections (dsl & dial up)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pfbobbo

Technical User
Dec 5, 2000
US
Running XP PRO with dsl at home.....no problem, but while on business trips attempt to use dial up with another ISP other than dsl, but unable to connect to the server.....also happening with aol (out of town) Is there a way to use one or the other on the same puter? I am also unable to disable or delete what appears to be a local area connection with some hardware that I do not use. I also try to delete it in device mgr. NOPE!!! says I cannot delete because it is used in boot up, which I, nor the computer does not use........Certainly a multi functional question....any suggestions, comments and/or resolution(s) will be GREATLY APPRECIATED :eek:)

Thanks,

Bobbo

Wish I could help you with advice... but I don't know exactly what to tell you...

I will tell you though, it's very possible, I do it often on my computer... actually run it several ways with no problems: dial up, direct to DSL modem, home DHCP router to the DSL, wireless 802.11b card, another DHCP connection to T3 lines, and static IP to the same T3 lines.

It's XP Home, but I can almost guarantee Pro should do fine with it too.

thanks.

i think i have the problem resolved. the modem driver that I had was outdated and when I updated, it seemed to work just fine. Anyhow thanks for the re enforcement that it would work......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back