Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dual boot question

Status
Not open for further replies.

K1W169

Technical User
Aug 22, 2001
US
Hey guys having some issues with a dualboot on one of my computers. I used a old hard-drive in this new computer that already had win98 from a different dual boot system anyway I'm having major issues and win98 isn't acting right. Now I don't wanna have to erase both partitions and start over if I don't have to. I know you install win98 first then win2k as I have always done But in this case I need to erase win98 partition keep my 2k partition intact and re-install win98 again. Any suggestions? Thanx alot

It should be possible to restore the dual boot after Win88
has been installed. See thread616-89180.

You could also try using Partition Magic and run it from the boot disk you can create. It has worked well for me.

and becarefull when reinstalling 98 over 2k, it wil overwite your boot, unless u use a 3rd party product sys commander or the part magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back