Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

dual boot management 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bandolou

Technical User
Jul 1, 2001
FR
Hello everybody :)
i have on the same machine WINME and w2000server all is right.But every time i launch my computer the default loading system is set on W200SERVER and i have to choose manualy WIN ME wich is the one i use most frequently.How can i reverse the proposal(WINME by default).
n.b.:i can't find boot.ini on my computer....
thank for it.

You wont find the boot.ini file by searching for it. It ia a hidden file. The easiest way to do this is the following:
Right click on MY COMPUTER and go to PROPERTIES.
Click on the ADVANCED tab.
At the bottom click on STARTUP AND RECOVERY.
Then choose the default start up OS there.

Let us know if you need help. James Collins
Systems Support Engineer
A+, MCP

email: butchrecon@skyenet.net

Please let us (Tek-tips members) know if the solutions we provide are helpful to you. Not only do they help you but they may help others.

I always open it with notepad and so far havent had to change any attributes other than view show hidden files.
it is opened by using the open in file in notepad and typing C:\boot.ini
As the boot.ini is on the firsy bootable device(C) you wont find it in the W2K partition unless it is on C:Once open change default to C:\=Microsoft Windows

I'd certainly vouch for butchrecon's suggestion as being the safe approach, however - you can really muck things up if you edit the wrong bits in boot.ini.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back