Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dual Boot 98/2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

NevG

Programmer
Oct 10, 2000
GB
Hi gang

I have a 30 GB HDD that is currently a single partition (30 gb large) this is running Win 98. I would like to dual boot the system with Win 2000. I have Partition Magic 6.0 (and Boot Magic 6).

The problem i have is that on my C drive I have 10 GB worth of data. I can resize this partition to about 15 GB to give me room for a second partition but am confused. If I create a second partition that is a logical partition and format it to NTFS can I install Win 2000 to this?

Also whats going on with the 2GB boot boundry. how will this effect my dual boot?

Any detailed help will be very appreciated here.

Thanks

Nev G

Simply put the WIN2K cd in the drive. It will give you the option to leave the existing o.s. (Win98?), will setup partitions and size them for you. If you are unhappy with the partition size, use partition magic to reallocate them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back