Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DTZ-8R-1 Cordless SL1100 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

telpro

Technical User
Oct 11, 2003
US
I recently ordered three of the DTL-8R-1 cordless phones (SL1100) and found that they have been replaced by the DTZ-8R-1. I liked the DTL phones but not so much on the DTZ. Im wondering if anyone has any info to share on the DTZ? Heres my take:
The good: 1) Contact list for 100 entries.
2) Good TX and RX volume and quality.. once adjusted (see The Bad)

The Bad: 1) Bad sidetone echo..Found NTAC paper that helped a lot. I had already done the SL1100 sidetone line adjustment.
2) Once the display times out (10 seconds or so) you have to push any button to wake up the phone before you can do
anything else..want to hang up? Press END.. TWICE! Want to put someone on hold? Press Hold TWICE.
NTAC says no way around this "wake-up" issue. I found it very awkward and un-intuitive to use compared to the DTL.
3) The contact list seems to have to be programmed by hand..I had three to do with 85 contacts each and it took 3 hours!

The DTZ does not have physical function buttons like the DTL..instead 8 LCD "buttons". Arrowing around to find the one you want is also cumbersome...

A huge improvement would also be to have the LCD show a green held line (DTL didnt either) instead of red. It can be tough to know which is yours...Im going to site today to experiment with a personal Park button to see if it helps with retrieving a "held" call.

Any news/help on these?

Steve
Northwest Telecom (Pennsylvania)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back