Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

dtspc service

Status
Not open for further replies.

youtan

IS-IT--Management
Jul 7, 2003
US
When I attempt to open 'this host' in the CDE environment, I get the following error: This action cannot be exectured on host 'localhost' because the 'dtspc' service is not properly configured on this host.
I'm new with Solaris and have two U10 machines (Solaris 7) I've been 'learning' on, installation, NFS, etc. After it appears I have the systems configured properly (software installation and network config)..this problem pops up. Does anyone know what I'm doing incorrectly that is causing this? I've checked the /etc/inetd.conf and /etc/services and correct entries are present.

Thanks in advance

Let me add....

The /etc/services file has this in it:

dtspc 6112/tcp # CDE subprocess control

Do I add or comment out (due to security reasons) the following line in the /etc/inetd.conf files?

dtspc stream tcp nowait root /usr/dt/bin/dtspcd /usr/dt/bin/dtspcd

It doesn't seem to matter if this line is included or not as the error is present either way.

I've installed the cluster patches for Solaris 7 - I'm assuming that by installing Solaris and patches these files would have been configured properly.... I am missing something that is probably right in front of me. I have looked at the network settings and I don't see anything obviously misconfigured. If you see the problem here or can offer any other suggestions why you think this happened I would appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back