Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DTS:Transform Data task destination connection not updating at runtime

Status
Not open for further replies.

swetab

Programmer
May 6, 2003
US
Hi,

I am using DTS which has Dynamic properties, Transform data task to migrate data between table (7 tables) from source to destination sql server, and global variables which will set my source and destination SQL server name and database.

While developing the source and destination server and database names are different from what I am deploying it on.
During deploying I changed server and database values in global properties and when I execute this package, it is still trasfereing all data to old database server(that was used while developing).
Problem:In transform data task properties -> destination Tab, the table name is still pointing to old database name
[olddbname].dbo.[tablename], why during execution this is not updating to [newdbname].dbo.[tablename]
why is that db name not updated during runtime, but only option is to change the destination dbname everytime i deploy to different db server manually for 7 transform data task properties.

Any answers appreciated..... thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back