Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DTS Schedule doesn't work

Status
Not open for further replies.

spidydotnet

IS-IT--Management
Jun 7, 2003
GB
Hi guys..

I created a DTS Package which executes successfully when I execute it from Enterprise Manager..But when I schedule it, it doesn't execute and it leaves an error message in the logfile saying that it can't find the source..stock.dbc which is a foxpro file.

I am doing it from Foxpro to SQL2K.

Any idea will be appreciated and I am also thinking about executing this from vb.net program.

Spidy.NET
'Discussion is Knowledge'

How are you referenceing stock.dbc in the dts package? Is it with unc or mapped path?

The other issue may be permissions - because the job runs under the sql agent may not have access to the foxpro db.

I am referencing it thru the Mapped path..and Just now I learned that we have to follow UNC path.. And I am trying to schedule it now.. thanks for the effort.. and If you have any ideas about calling it from a VB.net application.. please let me know.. thanks

Spidy.NET
'Discussion is Knowledge'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back