Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

dts package

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 30, 2007
US
We had a server move last month and the scheduled job ( a dts package) started failing after the move. I kept getting error message " access is denied" and can't figure out the reason. All the databases were backup and restored to the new server. I can manually execute the package and it ran successfully but when I scheduled the job to run automatically on a daily basis, I would get access denied. Does anybody know why?? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

thanks

If the dts was created by someone else you should look at the security for the dts. If the dts calls stored procedures the security for them may come into play. What security are you using in the job?

I reimported the dts package into the sql on the new box. I don't think there is a password on the package. How do I check the security for the package?? The job only started failed after the move.

Look inthe DTS package, was the connection changed to the new server name

"NOTHING is more important in a database than integrity." ESquared

yes, the package was changed to the new server name. I was able to open the package and run it manually but if i schedule the job to run, it failed and I got an error message stated " access is denied". Have no clue why i can run it manually but the job is not running automatically.
Has anybody experienced this problem??

ituser2008,

Try changing the Job owner to 'sa' or if you want to keep the owner as it is, grant that user the necessary permissions for all the objects related to that dts package.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back