Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DTS package runs fine, but the job fails.

Status
Not open for further replies.

XopherS

Technical User
Dec 8, 2006
Details:

- I'm on a WinXP Pro SP2 machine.

- I'm using MS SQL Server 2000 (8.00.2039 - SP4).

- I'm connecting to a MySQL database, which is installed on the same machine as MSSQL.

- I have the MySQL database driver installed (v.3.51).

- The services Messenger and SQLSERVERAGENT are set to Automatic and are running.

- I used the same login to create the package and to run the job. The login is part of the sysadmin group.

Problem:

I've created a package that connects to the MySQL db and moves the data from there to an MSSQL table.  The package runs beautifully when I execute it manually, but it fails when I schedule it to run regularly.

When I view the job history and check "Show step details", I see this error message:

Executed as user: PRGMSERVER1\SYSTEM.
DTSRun: Loading...
DTSRun: Executing...
DTSRun OnStart: Copy Data from Results to [WebImports].[dbo].[Customers] Step
DTSRun OnError: Copy Data from Results to [WebImports].[dbo].[Customers] Step, Error = -2147467259 (80004005)
Error string: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified
Error source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers
Help file:
Help context: 0
Error Detail Records:
Error: -2147467259 (80004005); Provider Error: 0 (0)
Error string: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified
Error source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers
Help file:
Help context: 0
DTSRun OnFinish: Copy Data from Results to [WebImports].[dbo].[Customers] Step
DTSRun: Package execution complete. Process Exit Code 1. The step failed.

So:

a) What the hell?

b) Why is it saying it's running as user SYSTEM, when I used a different user to set it up and run it?

Jobs run in the context of the SQL Server Agent. Make sure the agent's account has all the necesary rights.

Phil Hegedusich
Senior Programmer/Analyst
IIMAK
-----------
I'll have the roast duck with the mango salsa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back