Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DTS package run from a SSIS package

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeevdba

MIS
Jul 10, 2007
GB
Hi

I am quite new to SSIS but inherited a package written by my predecessor to maintain. The SSIS Mater pckage runs nearly 6 to 7 DTS packages within it. DTS Package A was one of the child packages run within the Master package. This package A is available in the Legacy folder in the SQL 2005 installation of ours. I had to do a modification to this DTS package, whcih I did and and then saved it back to the legacy folder in the SQl Server. When I run the SSIS Master package it fails at the point when it tries to run this DTS Package A saying that it expects a different package ID. Can somebdoy help me as to how I can recover from this situation please.

Rgds,

Jeev

I haven't worked with the Execute DTS 2000 Task at all, but I imagine if you recreate your task and have it point to the 'new' package that maybe it will work again?

Hope this helps,

Alex

Ignorance of certain subjects is a great part of wisdom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back