Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DTS Package Crash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 9, 2003
AR
I'm working on a DTS package trying to export data from one of the tables to a text file. This is normaly a simple mundane task which requires no effort to accomplish, however something has gone wrong with a particular table. In my database I can export any table to a text file but this one. Whenever I go to the Destination tab on the Transform Data Task Properties window, I define the columns, but when I click execute nothing happens. I can't define any transformations because there is no destination columns. Again this works for every table but this one. I'm trying to export the data using fixed width. Delimited works fine with no problems. Also on the destination tab as I said earlier once I click execute nothing happens. If I click on define columns to try to define them once again the whole SQL Server Enterprise Manager just crashes, no error messages, but simply closes.

I can create the fixed width file using the export option and saving it as a DTS package, however once it's created I have the same problems. It will run correctly, but if I try to make any changes to a field width it will crash the Enterprise Manager. I don't want to have to rebuild the DTS package every time I need to make a change to the fields. I'm in a time crunch and am troubleshooting this so we can start testing our sycronization with our City.

I would appreciate some help on this issue. As FYI, I have run all SQL Server 2000 service pack updates.

If you have a nother machine with em installed on it(which you should), try running it from there. EM has some funky issues sometimes which can be usually resolved be reinstalling em. if it works there, but not on yours reinstall em on the non functing machine. if it works neither place, its liekly a server issue. not much help, but it narrows it down some.

Well re-installed it and still having the problem. Let me clarify a few things.

I have two working exports of fixed width data working in the DTS package. My problem is with ONE table and only one table. Every other table I try works fine, except that one table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back