Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DTS Job error

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnBates

MIS
Feb 27, 2000
US
Hi,

When I execute this package 'manually' it runs fine with no errors.

But when I schedule it as a job, it fails - the job history says....
"DTSRun: Loading... Error: -2147287038 (80030002); Provider Error: 0 (0) Error string: The system cannot find the file specified. Error source: Microsoft Data Transformation Services (DTS) Package Help file: sqldts.hlp Help context: 713. Process Exit Code 1. The step failed."

I know that scheduled jobs have problems if the owner is not set correctly. But this seems to be a different problem with the 'cannot find the file...'

Thanks, John

The "cannot find the file" error is one manifestation of permissions problems. If the agent doesn't have read or list permissions to the directory, it won't see it at all and will report it as not found.

Make sure that both the job owner and the Agent account have rights to the resource.

HTH,

Phil Hegedusich
Senior Web Developer
IIMAK
<a href=&quot;-----------
Boy howdy, my Liberal Studies degree really prepared me for all of this....

In your scheduled job, edit the step, choose &quot;advanced&quot; , then make a log file..... the logs often give more info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back