Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DTS install

Status
Not open for further replies.

lifesupport

Programmer
May 18, 2004
US
Hello,

I've installed the Developer version of SQL 2005 on Windows 2000. All went well, but some features seem to be missing such as the DTS option, which seems to be quite valuable. For now I downloaded the SQL 2000 and works as a separate application, but not all the file types work on importing. I also noticed that I can't copy a table from one database to another via object oriented, but probably can via code. The point is, I had the understanding that the Developer edition was to be the same as the Enterprise edition with exception to the liscensing so why are there features missing? Did I install incorrectly? Thanks for any help.

Well first off, 2005 does not have DTS per say as in SQL 2000.

In 2005 you are now dealing with SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services) which can be found in the "SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio" application ( as well as Reporting Services and Analysis Services).

Thanks

J. Kusch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back