Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DTS Failure when scheduled as a Job

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcrr

ISP
Jan 24, 2007
GB
Greetings!

I'm having this problem in MS SQL Server 7.0:

I programmed a DTS as a Local Package. This DTS, among another things, runs a DOS batch that performs an ftp to an UNIX server to get a data that is passed to a database table afterwards. Finally, it runs a stored procedure.

If I try to execute this DTS as a Local Package (i.e. "execute package") it runs without problems. However, when I schedule it (which is automatically converted into a Job) and try to run it as a job (either manually or automatically) it bombs and generates this sequence of errors:

DTSRun: Loading... DTSRun: Executing... DTSRun OnStart: DTSStep_DTSExecuteSQLTask_2 DTSRun OnError: DTSStep_DTSExecuteSQLTask_2, Error = -2147217887 (80040E21) Error string: Errors occurred Error source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server Help file: Help context: 0 Error Detail Records: Error: -2147217887 (80040E21); Provider Error: 0 (0) Error string: Errors occurred Error source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server Help file: Help context: 0 DTSRun OnFinish: DTSStep_DTSExecuteSQLTask_2 DTSRun: Package execution complete. Process Exit Code 1. The step failed.

So, the obvious question is... what I'm doing wrong?
Please advise. Thanks.

jcrivera

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back