Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DTS Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horsegag9

Technical User
Jan 25, 2005
AU
When I import a simple text file into a SQL database I am getting the following error:

"Not enough storage is available to complete this operation"

Does anyone know why this error comes up? I have imported two other larger tables into this DB without incident.

Thanks in advance
Horse

First, right click your database and make sure it doesn't have a Max Size set that it might be close to. If so, you'll have to increase the size of your DB / Log files or shrink your db files.

If that isn't the issue, check your harddrive space. If the hard drive has plenty of room, make sure there isn't a QUOTA set (this is a Windows Group Policy setting for a domain) on the drive or share in question.

Empty your Recycle Bin too (on the machine the files are being moved to), just in case.

Also, this happens when the Transaction Log is full. You could try doing a complete database backup which should truncate the Transaction Log. Or you could manually truncate the log or delete it. Check Books Online for keywords Truncate, Backup, Log...

Catadmin - MCDBA, MCSA
Beware the error of pre-emptive poultry inventory!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back