Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DTS Error Handling with Muliphase Data Pump

Status
Not open for further replies.

gquint

Programmer
Oct 31, 2001
NL
I use DTS for some years and want to improve error handling. I want to use the multiphase data pump function to retrieve the row-id in case of error. Now strange thing is when I don't use multiphase I get the full erorr stack like (I log error to the server, see table sysdtssteplog):

"Microsoft Data Transformation Services (DTS) Data Pump
Step Error Description:The number of failing rows exceeds the maximum specified. (Microsoft Data Transformation Services (DTS) Data Pump (80040e21): ActiveX Scripting Transform 'DTSTransformation__1' encountered an invalid data value for 'USER_DEF_NUM_1' destination column.)
Step Error code: 8004206A
Step Error Help File:sqldts80.hlp
Step Error Help Context ID:0"

When I activiate multiphase data pump, I only get the last error which is not very infornative:

"Step Error Source: Microsoft Data Transformation Services (DTS) Data Pump
Step Error Description:The number of failing rows exceeds the maximum specified.
Step Error code: 8004206A
Step Error Help File:sqldts80.hlp
Step Error Help Context ID:0
"

I tried every return status from the book in the OnTransformFailure/OnInsertFalure function (like DTSTransformStat_SkipRowInfo) but nothing gives the full error.
Any help or tip is appreciated!
Gerard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back