Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DTS doesn't like my the time values in my Access date/time field

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenArcher

IS-IT--Management
Jul 23, 2002
US
When I run my MS Access 2000 150-table database through DTS, the only thing that fails is two tables. The error message lest certain fields and says "Status 6: Data Overflow. Invalid Character Value for Cast Specification".

Well, the fields listed are the only date/time fields in the database with long time values written to them. What changes can I make to these Access fields or to my DTS Package to transform these 2 tables successfully into SQL Server 2000?

Here is what the SQL Books Online say about the datetime data type in SQL:
"Date and time data from January 1, 1753 through December 31, 9999, to an accuracy of one three-hundredth of a second (equivalent to 3.33 milliseconds or 0.00333 seconds). Values are rounded to increments of .000, .003, or .007 seconds, as shown in the table."

Hence check that the Access data has no values that are out of range..

I HAVE THIS SAME PROBLEM. DOES ANYONE HAVE A SOLUTION? THE ONE GIVEN DOES NOT APPLY TO ME WHERE AS I HAVE NO "DATE" INFO IN THE FIELD, JUST "TIME".

THANKS.

lonniejohnson@prodev.us
ProDev, MS Access Applications B-) ,
May God bless you beyond your imagination.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back