Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DTS can copy table but not import records

Status
Not open for further replies.

VE

Technical User
Oct 25, 2000
US

SQL 2000
Data Source: Excel 2000
(the excel file is created by a Crystal reports XI export)

This started with the "DTS runs manually but not when scheduled issue". I read the FAQ and logged in as Admin and started to recreate the DTS

Now, I can create a DTS that creates a table from this Excel data, but if I try to create a DTS from that same file that will append records to the table it fails.

this is what the package log says:

Step Error Source: Microsoft JET Database Engine
Step Error Description:The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file ''. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data.
Step Error code: 80004005
Step Error Help File:
Step Error Help Context ID:5003051

I do not know how the file could be open, I'm the only one who has permissions to it (me and the admin account) and no other program is currently using it.

Where should I look next?

Thank you for your help

VE

OK, I was having it run now and schedule at the same time when I was creating it. When I tried to execute it once it was there it ran fine.

AND it runs as part of a job now (thanks to the FAQ mentioned before.)

:-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back