Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dts Between dbf and sql server problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

tedi1

Technical User
Aug 25, 2002
IL
Hi,

I have a DTS that should transfer data from a dbf file to sql server. I am running into a problem when passing a date column. The err states that there is a problem with the source column.
I have tried to run it from different computer an there it worked just fine, So I have checked the date and time configuration of the computer and seemed the same.
Due to that problem what I have tried to do is transfer the date column to a char(10) column in the destination table and than tried to copy this column into another one (a datetime column). This time I have got Out-of-range err.

Is there any solution to this problem?

>...and than tried to copy this column into another one (a >datetime column).
please post how did u exactly tried it.
if you used DTS then you should try it manually (make script), using Convert function to convert char values to data. probably some of data values was incorrect, for example '02.31.2003' (mm.dd.yyyy) or '00.00.0000' that's why you should parse the char cloumnes before Convert..
good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back