Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DTMF tones to Line (COT) 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

UKTurnip

Technical User
Aug 21, 2009
GB
Hi

I have a new pager (bleeper) system that connects to my Opt 81 via standard loop calling COT lines.

When I access the lines I get a speech prompt asking me to enter the pager (bleeper) number - this goes through fine. I then get another prompt asking me to enter the message - a numeric string followed by a #. It would appear that the bleeper system doesn't get these message digits as it times out after a few seconds. If I connect a telephone straight accross the COT lines and key directly into the pager system everything works fine.

My belief is that some signal is disabling the forwarding of my DTMF after the first string (pager number) has been sent.

Any idea's would be appreciated.

On the Route with these CO lines, set the TIMR EOD and ODT timer values down to 256

[©] GHTROUT.com [⇔] A Variety of Free Resources for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators

If that does not work, toggle the MANO prompt.

[©] GHTROUT.com [⇔] A Variety of Free Resources for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators

If you call the pager service from an pbx with an analog set does it work? If the DTMF tones can be sent I would suspect that you either have a timer issue in the RDB or you aren't getting proper answer supervision from the far end.

Tried both suggestions - still no joy.

Doesn't work from an analogue phone either so the DTMF is either not going forward or (more probably) the paging equipment is getting a signal to turn its MF recievers off!

I have been reading other posts on Tek-Tips and I see that some responses say that once a call is answered it is not possible to send any further DTMF. Is it possible that this is my problem - although I would have expected local keypad DTMF from an analogue phone to still get through?

UKTurnip: That is incorrect. Think of all the voice mail menus out there that are accessed and navigated, all with DTMF.

Print the route out and show us.

Also Are the trunk TNs set to CLS DIP or DTN? They must be DTN.

Good point about the Voicemail systems - it's getting late in the UK!

The lines are set to DTMF - the first string does get sent & recieved OK.

RDB as follows:

TYPE RDB
CUST 0
ROUT 1

TYPE RDB
CUST 00
ROUT 1
DES Paging
TKTP COT
PRIV NO
RPA NO
SAT NO
RCLS EXT
DTRK NO
PTYP ACO
AUTO NO
ICOG OGT
RANX NO
SRCH RRB
STEP
ACOD 82
TARG
OABS
TIMR ICF 384
OGF 384
EOD 13952
LCT 128
DSI 59904
NRD 10112
DDL 70
ODT 4096
RGV 256
FLH 510
GTO 2944
GTI 2944
ARP 3
SFB 3
CRD 512
IENB 5
TFD 0
LEXT 100
SST 3 0
DTD NO
SCDT NO
2 DT NO
NEDC ORG
FEDC ORG
CPDC NO
SPCT IMM
HOLD 02 02 40
SEIZ 02 02
RGFL 02 02
RVSD 08 31
ILLR 02 02
DDO NO
CDR YES
INC YES
LAST YES
TTA YES
ABAN NO
QREC NO
OAL YES
AIA YES
OAN YES
OPA YES
OPD YES
NDP EXC 0

PAGE 002

CDRX NO
CCO NO
NATL YES
SSL
CFWR NO
IDOP NO
MUS YES
MRT 20
MR PPM
PANS YES
RUCS 1
RPPM 0
MANO NO
EQAR NO
FRL 0 0
FRL 1 1
FRL 2 2
FRL 3 3
FRL 4 4
FRL 5 5
FRL 6 6
FRL 7 7
OHQ NO
OHQT 00
TTBL 0
OHTD NO
PLEV 0
MCTS NO
ALRM NO
ART 0
TIDY 1501 1
SGRP 0
AACR NO

The TIMR and MANO prompts are default, not modified. There's no way they will work with those values. As far as I know you are going to be stuck until they are changed.

And why is Music on Hold and CDR defined for a paging route?

Hi guys - I do appreciate your responses.

As is normal practice I reset the timer values back to default after proving that they didn't help. I can easily set them back.

Regarding the MOH and CDR settings - this route was previously used for a PSTN route and these are left over from then - however, as the calls would never be put on hold, I see no problem with the setting. I will remove this though and see if it helps.

Why would I not want to log calls - again this should have no impact upon call progress.

My current thought is that maybe the # which terminates the sent digit string is not being forwarded to line - any ideas?

The first "#" will not be sent out the trunk as long as the EOD/ODT timers are still running.

I reduced the timings again and also altered other parameters and the current situation is as follows:

From a Digital phone I can now dial into the Bleeper system and everything works - other than the fact that the line locks up for about a minute after every time the Bleeper system is accessed. The line locks up in the Meridian and not the Bleeper system.

If I access the line from an analogue phone I cannot get past the first few digits without getting NU - again the line will then lock up for a minute.

If anyone out there has an IVF system connected over analogue COT lines a print out of the RDB & Tk config would be useful.

Set the TIMR TFD to the max number of seconds per call the port will ever need to be up. If you know 20 seconds will work for every page, then the port will drop after 20 seconds every time by setting TIMR TFD 20.

Hi

This parameter is currently set to 0 - I assumed that this was the minimum!

The manual says that this is set in 30 second increments - does this not mean that 20 is not a valid setting?

I guess that a 0 may mean do not force release - I will also try other values e.g. 20.

Oh ya, that's right - it has to be 30.

0 means the TFD is "off"
30 means cut off calls in 30 seconds.
3600 means cut off calls in one hour

OK - that would cut the hang-up from a minute down to 30 sec's - better, but still not acceptable.

Thanks anyway.

To get the disconnect, you'll either have to get the bleeper system to hang up faster or go with an NT1R20AB card (8 port analog card with disconnect supervision)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back