Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DTMF Tones not working 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlfredRock

Technical User
Jan 9, 2012
MX
Hi Guys,

I have an IPO 500v2 R8.0(44) with 15 analogue lines, have a mix of phone sets Nortel 7316, Avaya Digital 1408, 1416, 9508 and Avaya IP 9641, 9620 and softphones.

The problem is with the IP Sets and the softphones when trying to use DTMF: it's not working, it sounds rare and it seems sometimes like the key was pressed twice, also a lot of feedback.

Do you have any idea how to solve this?

The DTMF works OK in the Digital Sets and also, no feedback

Thanks in Advance

What kind of trunks?
If SIP what codec is used?

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

we have analog trunks

15 different, because we have 3 different providers

Did the IPPhones upgrade?
What VCM card do you have?

BAZINGA!

yes the IP Phones are upgraded and the softphones are the latest version

as VCM we have 2 Combo Cards which provide 20 VCM Channels

Did you try a vcm 32?
It sounds like a combo card issue.

BAZINGA!

thanks tlpeter,

i install a VCM32, but for now i'm unable to remove the combos. is this some kind of help?

do you know how the IPO use the VCM Channels?
i uses the slots so if I install the VCM32 in the slot1 it will use first this VCM channels?

What do you base the base the combo theory on Peter, is that experiance or just guesswork? Could explain double digit detection we see with a certain customer with SIP trunks if you have proved it before :)

No, you will need to remove the combo cards.
It is just to proove (or not) a problem with the combo cards.

BAZINGA!

ok, let me check it, don't think can make it soon, but I will get back to you.

thanks!!

Andy, just a feeling.
I think it is my history as a helpdesker working for a distri :)
But that is something i have always been good at.

Alfred, do you use call recording?

IPOFFICE-24647 DTMF digits leaking between VCM channels in call recording SCN scenario.

BAZINGA!

Alfred, is the system earthed? i had something very very similar at a school not long ago on install with analogue trunks on combo cards.
they're fine now post earthing the chassis of the data cabinet correctly (the IPO was earthed to the cabinet, but cabinet not earthed to earth if you get my drift...)

Cheers,

Chris

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the feedback,

YES, we have recording, it's a small CCR with 6 users using softphones.

NO, it is not properly grounded, let me do that and I get back to you

I had double-digit dialing on my IPO SIP trunk and it turned out to be an issue with the provider (etherspeak). They were trying to use DTMF relay and it was causing the issue. They switched away from DTMF relay on their end and that fixed the issue for me. YMMV since yours is analog.

I have grounded the IPO and still having problems, it seems it is a problem with the lines, so we decided to change to E1.

Thanks guys, for trouble!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back