Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DTMF Problems 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Telecomboy

Programmer
May 8, 2003
US
Just had a client switch their service over to Vinakom. They are delivering the service through a router as POTS lines. Since the switch, the dxd via auto attendant no longer works properly. Vinakom is asking if we need the DTMF as "out of band" or "inband". Any ideas? If I dial 133 it goes to 113. I'm not sure if the system is sending the 1 twice or something.

If I do a *8 in x113's mailbox and dial 133 it seems to always go to 133 correctly.

When you say "POTS LINES", are they LOOP START LINES, and are these numbers being sent by the Vendor (D-I-D), or are they dialed within AUTO ATTENDANT? If they are D-I-D then they don't fit the description of "POTS LINES". So what are they in that case?

Our system uses IN-BAND Touch Tones for LOOP START LINES. Also, if these are LOOP START LINES, you should be able to monitor them with a "Tester" of some type and see what they are sending. If nothing else, you could listen with your Test Set and see what you hear.

I highly suspect, if these are POTS LINES, they are sending the Signals TOO HOT (too loud) and that's probably the cause of the failure. What is the loop current they are providing. That may provide a hint.

-merlinmansblog.blogspot.com

These are coming into the system as POTS. They are coming off a router to emulate POTS lines, not actual copper POTS lines.

I just verified they have them set as Out of Band. I am having them change them to Inband and hopefully that takes care of it. I'll keep you posted. Thanks.

That was the issue. It has been working fine since changing to inband on the router. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back