Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DTMF not working when using FNE 00

Status
Not open for further replies.

pyoung85

Technical User
Feb 13, 2016
CA
We have numerous clients using One-X Mobile Lite which has switched to Equinox using the EC 500 features. When using FNE service 00, if your call is answered by an auto-attendant (not important what PBX is at the other end) the DTMF does not work. So you can't dial an extension or dial 0 etc... You have to wait for the timeout to send your call somewhere.

Most of my clients are using SIP lines, but even with different providers we get this issue. IPO version 9.1 or 10 same issue. It seems to work fine if my FNE 00 goes out on an analog line. I've tried every configuration possible with my own SIP lines at the office and can't seem to figure this out.

Is anyone able to get this working ?

FNE does not get answered by an auto attendant but the ability to call via the system and it gives you a dialtone.

I think you need to explain a bit more how your stuff is setup.
EC500 is the Aura system so if you have that then you should post in the Aura / Definity forum

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

Westi :

Yes, i know FNE 00 gives me a dial tone on the system. When I dial out of this system and my call is answered by an auto-attendant...
Let's say I call a client using FNE 00....

OK, got it
if you can't send the DTMF calling into SIP and out of SIP then call a regular phone and see if you can hear the touch tones. If not then it is not just the level of the touch tones but a design problem on the trunk or system.

If that is the case try to switch from inband to RFC2833 or vice versa in the trunk settings

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back