Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DTMF Not working on auto attendants for callers

Status
Not open for further replies.

DawsIsHere

IS-IT--Management
Mar 27, 2023
US
Hello guys, I've got an issue I can't seem to figure out. I've got a customer who is reporting that callers can't use the options on the auto attendant. They are on IPO 10.1.0.2.0 build 2 with embedded voicemail.

I had their carrier come out and test the analog lines and they all passed DTMF through the phone lines. I had called in from my office number and tried and it worked. My office number is a "local" number and does not require 10 digit dialing. But when I called from my cellphone which is "long distance" it did not work. You would think, "oh its long distance that's the issue". I'm not too sure because I called from another long distance number and it worked. I can see through system status when the calls work I can see in the trace the digits being pressed. When they don't work I can see that it doesn't see any digits being pressed. This is for inbound calls only. Any ideas? I've restarted their system multiple times, swapped ports on their analog trunks.

Anything That Can Go Wrong, Will Go Wrong-De Morgan

seems unlikely that the incoming or LD difference is causing the phone system to ignore the touch tones.

Are they "real" analog lines or one of those fancy IP boxes that have SIP on the back end?
Have you tried from different providers via LD calling?

I remember a case like that (vaguely from 3 or 4 years ago) and it was actually the LD provider handoff to the local provider that had the issues.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back