Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DTMF "NOT POSSIBLE" on Digital extn

Delcow

Systems Engineer
Mar 17, 2021
GB
Hi,

I have a Hipath 4000 V6 and i have an issue with optipoints dialing DTMF when I dial in to an on site IVR and try to select and option I get "NOT POSSIBLE" on the display,

I have check all the programming for the Trunk and the COT and the Richt and everything seems correct.

Any Help would be great.

Check the COT of the trunks that receive the calls to allow DTMF for incoming calls -
CHA-COT:XX,COTADD,AMFC;

Sorry But that is what i thought it could be but this was already in the COT for the trunk to the IVR

So you dial in from external direct into the IVR and it does not accept DTMF ?
What kind of trunk is connected - is it a SIP trunk to the IVR -

Yes it's not Richt as it is configured the same as the other links i have and DTMF works ok on them.

update on the issue

Incoming call goes to the Operator Via the IVR which is fine the Operator then forwards the call to a number which is offsite Via DPNSS to a Mitel system then that number has a forward back to the IVR via the DPNSS link then the user is presented with IVR options and when they select and option we get "Not Possible" on a digital extn but work ok with a analogue extn.

So after all that, I suppose the problem is caused by what the phone thinks it is connected to. I suppose a direct call to IVR sends DTMF OK.
I would break it down into smaller chunks. Can the phone call the Mitel number directly, what happens. Can the ATND transfer back to IVR instead of Mitel, what happens.
Could make sure AMFC is in the trunk to Mitel, not sure it would help here but would not cause a problem. Maybe there is some route optimisation failing or working which is affecting this.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back