Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DTMF Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsaad

IS-IT--Management
Jun 20, 2002
US
We have an R9 system with embedded voicemail and callers complain cannot accurately get through auto attendant. No change in telco, analog trunks. I am thinking just cell phone dtmf problems, but anything we can do to adjust the CO trunks on the Avaya side?

You can try running an impedance match on the analog trunks and see if that helps.
If I remember correctly R9 had issues with this. Make sure you are on the latest maintenance release of R9.

Also try to nail down if its any specific steps that are the issue and then check related recordings. Some people unfortunately can speak certain words in a way that gets detetced as DTMF tone and so triggers the matching response without any key press.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Actually it is an 8.1.43. On a cable modem phone service. I had no trouble making calls into the AA using my cell. Not sure if 8.1.43 is a bad release.

Customer states issue just started to appear. I am thinking telephone company but hard to prove.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back