Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DTMF is not sending from ip phones [Release 6 CORES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

alberto111

Technical User
Apr 27, 2009
AE

Hi to all,

DTMF is not sending from ip phones [Release 6 CORES].Analogue and digital phones are working fine.Whwnever trying to access any of IVR couldnt ablw select option from ip phones,whe we press any digits call will get disconnect.Please advice anyone to solve this.

This archive report is very old, but it may be useful to you?.

If you are unable to use MF tones from digital sets to EES into MMail. Check that DTMF= 138 in LD 97 against type XCTP. See PXML supplement iss. 10 page 59. DTMFshould be 138 for UK MF tones (14 is for USA MF tones). This applies to rel 3 Succession also.
Try also setting the prompt EEST in LD 15 to NO.
One site reported that the EES signalling from digital sets stopped working over a CHAS link which ultimately got converted to analogue DC5 when the * or # keys were pressed. After investigation, the far end support got involved & changed the SUPN of the analogue DC5 (4w E/M) trunks from NO to YES & this cured the
problem
ALSO ANOTHER
A fault arose when an engineer in the city of london tried to test a line using 4-tel from a digital set
The 4-tel equipt was not recognising the MF tones that were being sent out to line,,there could also be a prob when using other services such.as..Mail systems in the United States,/,,Reporting in sick and having to input your EIN ( This a BT service that is currently in use in the City Of London) no doubt there are other services that may be affected if EEST = YES
.ALSO:
Problem experienced on an opt 51C rls 22.46 trying to use star services on COTs. Keying a star or hash from either a digital or analogue set resulted in a short break in dial tone but no access to the required service (eg *21 or #21). If an initial hash was entered before the code then the service worked properly. EEST must also be set to NO.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

Thanks for ur reply.Iam getting experiance only in IP phones.Else both analogue and digital working smoothly.So its not depends any of global setting?

Just IVR - howabout voice mail? Is IVR of site or local?
If you dial a TDM phone and press key do you hear tone?

Are your IP phones on latest firmware? Sigserv and VGMC patches up to date? Data switch ports for TLAN on SigServ and DSPs set to Auto negotiate? (have seen issues with duplex mismatch and DTMF).

Even softphone also not working.Both analogue and digital phones are fine.I didnt try with voicemail.i will check and update u later.Thanks for ur rely sir.

Hi Alberto,

I am having the exact same problem!
We call an Envox IVR system and DTMF is not transmitted.
The same setup works fine on a NON-CORES (seperate SS and CS) machine.

Were you able to solve your issue?
And help would be appreciated...

Thanks,
Wim.

This sounds more like a bug, but still I thought posting this could satisfy a curiosity: I would compare your EOD and ODT Timer Values to the trunk routes of the working systems.

LD 21
REQ PRT
TYPE RDB

Look in the TIMR section. Decrease the EOD and ODT values of the non-working systems routes that are used to make the calls you have trouble with.

--
Nortel Resources at GHTROUT.com
--

Hi GHTR0UT, thanks for your reply...
In the meanwhile, I was able to solve the issue, it was a far-end issue on the IVR server!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back