Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DTM-PRI on a 450

Status
Not open for further replies.

TDSjeff

Vendor
Mar 19, 2007
US
I cannot get two PRI's to dial out on a 450. They are in the expansion unit and all lights display the PRI in service but I cannot call out. The cards are enabled and DIP switches are set correctly. I have checked my routing, Public DN length etc.. Any ideas?

Check the physical lines to see what Pool they are in so that the destination code is pointing to the route with the correct pool block.
What is hapening when you try to access the Route?

Yes sets have access. I can dial the 10 digit number but get a busy after dialing the number. All lines are block b and route is 001 use block b. Destination code is 9 use 001 absorb all. The PRI works I tested it on an IP OFFICE.

Are you getting any alarms?

Check and make sure your clock is set to primary external and that your protocol is set correctly. You might want to ask the telco how they have it set and make sure you match them.

I don't know why this works, but whatever your sequence is, try reversing it then change it back ie. if you are set to Descending sequential, change it to ascending and try it again.

The only other thing I can think of at the moment is that you might only have a partial on the second circuit.

Since you have 2 PRI's, make sure the clock on the first one is primary external and the second one is secondary external and ensure that each one has it's own D-channel as NFAS is not supported on the BCM.

Under your Resources settings make sure all the B channels are provisioned too.

Do you have 2 full pra ccts. if your 2nd cct is fra you could be selecting channels that are not available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back