Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DTI error

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptstechnician

Vendor
Jun 28, 2006
US
Customer has Rel1/T1, 6-port combo card and a 24 channel T1 connected to the system. First 12 channels are programmed for DID (incoming) and 13-24 E&M (outgoing). I can make outgoing calls, but the outside receiveds a busy when trying to call in. On the DTI card, the in Service led is green but I do have a yellow alarm right above the in Service led. I red the description for the alarm but I don't understand it. Does it mean its a carrier issue? Of course AT&T says its my equipment and I'm hoping to prove this tomorrow with a spare switch.

If its the yellow LED right above the in service LED with the arrow pointing out of the circle, you have a an issue "upstream" of your equipment and are receiving all ones. It's a Telco problem most likely.
If you can push in the loopback button and the LED clears when the DTI is in loopback, there is nothing wrong with the Norstar.

-SD-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back