Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

dterm not forwarding to VM (Nec 2000 ips) 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

imeldesign

IS-IT--Management
May 21, 2004
US
I have one extension that will not forward to voice mail. Normally, we use *6, 3000 to push the call to vm after four rings. His display says RESTRICT. The same goes for *5 all calls. It won't forward to his cell or to vm.

Any suggestions?

Melanie

Do a # 5 and #6 to cancel what it is already forwarded too , then try your numbers.

tried that all ready. Same thing RESTRICT
User doesn't mind but everyone else does.

Check 200>#1> this should be A005 if so Go off hook on that set and dial #1 after try to CFW. If #1 is used then look for open AC code and try that code.

Mextera

Imeldesign

Just an explanation... On the NEC system (but not on the big systems) if someone sets a call back on your extension, it prevents you from forwarding your phone. The code that Mextera is telling you to look for is call back cancel so once you know what it is keep it safe for the future.

Looks like a CB had been left but I cannot cancel it at the dTerm. I get RESTRICT when I hit the erase soft key. Can you lay out the MOC command to clear the CB for ext 2279?
Thanks

It is not the normal call back that OzzieGeorge and Imeldesign were referring to. It is trunk queueing/call back.

From the Manual:

A003 Call Back Cancel

A004 Outgoing Trunk Queueing/Call Back Set When Outgoing Trunk Queueing and Call Back share the same access code.

Related commands:
CM15 Y=02, 03
CM35 Y=28

A005 Outgoing Trunk Queueing/Call Back Cancel

Thanks but that makes no sense to me. I program using MOC in Matworks. If I have the command sequence I can do it such as
A003 > 2279 > 0

go to 200>#1>A005
Dial #1 from the phone

Mextera

I always go into CAT mode on the phone handset (Transfer, conf, *, transfer, conf, #) hit the Command button (on my dterm series E it is the leftmost one under the display, after you do this the display should read "Command="). I then type "E601" then the extension, then input 33xx, which is the secondary line for that user. I then hit "command" then enter "E602" and enter 3000 which is our main voicemail extension - you need to use whatever your main vm extension is there. Then just lift the handset, and hang it back up. This setup takes a primary line, rolls it to secondary, then rolls that to voicemail.

Also, you can do the same thing, except enter "E603" and rolls all calls straight to VM (or extension of your choice) regardless. Try it sometime!

J

John Wilson
Anchor Sign, Inc.
NEC NEAX 2000 IVS2
Windows 2003 Server domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back