Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DTE Port / Factory Default

Status
Not open for further replies.

GStim

Vendor
Nov 25, 2002
US
Question: When I connect to the IPO (412) through the DTE port to erease / default it back to factory defaults when I type AT and hit inter nothing happens??? I followed the instructions from the IPO Job Aid DTE Port Maint. Has anyone else experienced this and how did you fix it.

Problem: I have a 30 Digital, 16 Digitial, 2 Port T1, 1 port T1, 10VCM and 16 Port CO connected to the 412. When I go into lines I see 3 T1's and 5 Lines in this order:
Line 1 = T1
Line 2 = T1
Line 3 = POT
Line 4 = POT
Line 5 = T1
Line 6 = POT
Line 7 = POT
Line 8 = POT
and this is all that displays.

Also when i go into extension I have 182 when I should have 46.

Anyone have any suggestions as to what my next step should be, RMA from distributer?
Thanks for the help everyone!!!!!! :)

Make sure you have you settings of the HyperT set up at the correct speed, and that you ahve a static IP adress of 43x for Lan 2 or 42.X for Lan 1,

When you have HT up power off the IPO you should then press escv on your Key board...it will then connect..

type At then should come up wuth AT, if not could be the lead you are using, as its a 9 to 9 (not the normal9 to 25)...Some Gender benders dont seem to work properly..;

I also just had an issue with this. It turned out I wasn't pressing esc quick enough. If you press it quick enough it shouldn't boot at all. It will give you the message CPU Revision 0x0501 or similair. At that prompt enter AT and it will respond ok. then go from there.

If as indicated you can see the system on the lan why not just default from manager?

Flie/Advanced/Erase Config.

The DTE prot I realy there for emergancy use when it is not posible to connect normaly IE system in reboot cycle.

You will also find if you have manager open and then open Hyper terminal the COM port may be unavalible.

Open Hypertermnal on its own or at lest before you open manager

Why not just hold down the escape key while powering on the unit....works every time for me. AT-X that thing

Board4aLiving [cannon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back