Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DTC Grid in Parent/Child

Status
Not open for further replies.

no1biscuit

Programmer
Oct 8, 2001
US
Here is what I am trying to accomplish.
I want all of the information of the parent table to show on the screen. I want a grid with all of the child rows on the same screen. When the user clicks the parent record navbar I want the grid to show that parent record, records. I have a DTC Recordset for the parent and a DTC Recordset for the grid. The Child recordset has a parameter for the joining of the parent and the child records. If I put in a manual parameter it works fine. But I can not find a way to populate the parameter based on the current parent record. Please help.
Thanks
Thom Morrow

Try adding an 'onrowenter' event handler for the parent recordset - use the script-outline view in VI, find the parent recordset in the server-side tree and double-click the onrowenter entry.

In this code block, close the child recordset (if open), set the parameter, and open it.

Use the '@trace=true' feature to check the event sequence to ensure the code is being executed just once and at the correct time. (Content Management)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back