Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DTA300 errors every 5 seconds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Egghead2

Technical User
Jan 27, 2003
AU
Hi All,

I have an unusual problem with an Opt11C running 25.40B+ software( I know its old ). I am continually getting ;

DTA 300 1 (<-- 1 is my loop #)

errors every 5 or so seconds. I have swapped out the 2Mb PRI card with new one and still getting errors. Therefore this would normally point to network carrier issue. But the carrier says the problem is still with PABX. I have done a hardwired loop back to the network ( PABX disconnected ) and carrier monitored link for 20mins with no errors. The carrier have also sent a tech to site to swap the NTU, but the error still occurs.

LD 60
ssck 0
ENBL
CLOCK ACTIVE
CLOCK CONTROLLER - LOCKED TO SLOT 1
PREF - 1
SREF - FREE RUN
AUTO SWREF CLK - ENBL
NO ERROR

IP DB PORT 1 DSBL
IP DB PORT 2 DSBL
IP DB PORT 3 DSBL
IP DB PORT 4 DSBL
CABINET CLK SRC: CC

LD 73
REQ prt
TYPE
pri2
FEAT lpti
LOOP 1
MFF CRC
ACRC YES
ALRM REG
RAIE NO
G1OS YES
SLP 255 1 M 255 1 M
BPV 128 122
CRC 201 97
FAP 28 1
RATS 10
GP2 20 100 S 12 S 12 S 4 S
MNG1 15 M
NCG1 15 M
OSG1 15 M
MNG2 15 S
NCG2 15 S
OSG2 15 S
PERS 50
CLRS 50
OOSC 0

I suppose my question is, could I possibly have faulty hardware on my side?, ie SSC processor, DS30X backplane etc?

Has anyone experienced this problem and/or can point me in the right direction to get this issue resolved.

NB: The carrier tech mentioned something about earthing / grounding on the NTU and PABX. Could this be a contributing factor.

i would replace the connectors between the ntu and the card before looking at the backplane.. your clocks do not show errors, if they did i would recogmend ssc replacement.. a backplane problem that slight would be rare.. a backplane problem is usually major..

what happens if you force the switch into freerun? i assume since freerun is your second choice you only have the one pri?

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

remember, Telco's will ALWAYS say they don't see any problems....... Now, for the grounding, it is absoltely imperative that ANY pbx is grounded, and properly grounded!

Thanks for the reply John,

I have set clock to FRUN and I now get a DTA301 SLPDEL error every few minutes, but no DTA300. Now, obviously I cannot leave on FRUN permanently. I will also replace cabling from NTU to PABX as well. I will post further results.

Hi There,

Some interesting developments;

Carrier tech came out to site with a W&G ISDN tester. He said that I did not have CRC set on my PRI. I looked at LD 73 and CRC is definitely set ON. Very odd.

After all my testing/replacing hardware;

(1) new PRI card with onboard CC and DCH
(2) replace cabling to NTU
(3) even replace whole cabinet with maintenance spare. DTA300 errors still happening.

My last resort is rebuilding SSC, maybe some corruption in the software. I will do this tomorrow and follow up with posting.

Regards

is Telco! Quit throwing you're money away

I agree there is nothing to set on the CRC those are incoming errors, you check them in LD 60 with a LCNT.
CRC errors are most of the time where you are set up for line code and you will be receiving another from telco

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back