Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

dta015 Errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhoneGuyy

Technical User
Feb 8, 2008
US
I have a dti/pri card and keep getting dta015 errors on both loops on that card. I know they are slip errors and was just seeing if anyone has had experience with this? I am thinking the timing on the primary loop is off.

did you make sure that your clock is tracking as programed?

ld 60
ssck 0

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Yes the primary is tracking on loop 3 as the primary.

Grab yourself a TBERD and see if the frame slips are coming in off the span, or you can give it to Telco to test. But they will most likely say that it's your trouble

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

Well good thing here is I am the Telco and believe it is the primary span that is having issues was just testing the waters here and seeing if anyone else had some thoughts.

At first I was thinking bad card, but dont believe that to be the issue anymore and thing the T1 is having issues.

If all of you T1s/PRI circuits are getting slipps then it might be the loop with the clocking or the clock controller. If only 1 or 2 are getting it, it might be the cards the cicuits are on,

and the last one .... it could be the TELCO....

TBERD is the best option like PERRYPJ said, you can "see the inbound and outbound" to determine if it's your equipment or the CO....

it sounds like you have a DDP card from your post, if you are getting slipps on that DDP and only that one and no other loops then you migth want to reseat (disable properly first) that card during a maintenance window.

I do have a dual PRI card.

I have disabled and reseated already

It is just on the 2 loops on that card, loops 2 and 3, but the primary tracking is on loop 3 of that card.

Also I already swapped cards with another good one that is receiving no errors and the erros follow with whatever card I put into slot 2 and 3. So this is why I believe something to be wrong with the T1...

I have also swapped clock controllers and that didnt help any.

Call your Telco provider. Also, make sure that your clock reference goes to an external source, you dont want to clock on a tie line, a PRI would be your best

If you have a loopback plug, try that as well, you can rule out your equipment, just do it off hours. Plug it in and run it for a while don't disable the loop, just change your clock controller to Secondary Ref if that is an option so you can track of a different loop.

Otherwise just call the TELCO as most have suggested.

We recently had the same thing and after several days of swapping cards and replacing everything inside, telco found a bad card in a CO in the neighborhood outside my physical plant. He (telco guy) was a very dedicated professional that refused to let the errors beat him. That guy was up LATE at night hunting down where the errors were coming from. (He was the third guy the Telco sent - the first two couldn't find it.) (I am not saying they weren't professionals too, just that this guy refused to lose and I am grateful for it.)

Since you've replaced the DDP card already. You might want to replace the CC, that way when you talk to the CO you know you have replace everything.

I have swapped cards and swapped to my secondary loop to clock off of and everything runs clean

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back