Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DTA015, DTC006 , DTC010, DTC012

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaimeortega

IS-IT--Management
Feb 6, 2004
US
While looking for something else, I ran into the event log window in OTM. I seem to be having all kinds of sync/clock problems with my switch. Especially the DTA015 error keeps on popping every 30 secs or so. I've tried making sense of the other posts with same error problems but I'm a little bit lost...

Can somebody help me troubleshoot?
Thanks!

-JO

Here is the output of what another person with similar problems was asked to provide...

LD 60
SSCK 0

Returns:
Clock Active
Clock Controller DTI061
Pref - 25
SREF - FREE RUN
Auto SWRep CLK - ENBL
Ref Clk ERR
Ref Clk ERR
"

SSCK 1
looks ok, no errors.

Looks like the primary reference clock. enter "TRCK PCK" this will tell it to track on PREF loop 25. Is loop 25 running clean?

Thanks for the quick reply...

I did

LD 60
TRCK PCK

but I don't think I'm doing it right since I don't get any output... just a "."

LD 73
prt
DDB

PREF 25
SREF FREE RUN
TRSH 00
RALM 128
BIPC 0
LFAC 0
BIPV 44
SRTK 1 3600
SRNT 1 1
LFAIL 10240 10240
SRIM 1
SRMM 127
ICS

Hope that helps...
-JO

ahhh, just got your post janchundia... let me try it and post the results...

Thanks!
-JO

." is the normal response. Do "ssck 0" it should say tracking on loop 25. If this is a 61, 71, or 81 enter "SWCK" to change from clock controller 0 to 1 (or vica versa) see if you still have the error or if system clocking begins tracking correctly. Do "STAT 25" and see if loop is running ok. "LCNT" will list the error counters for all loops "RCNT" will reset error counters for all loops. If this is an opt11 only 1 clock controller. If you are getting DTA015 errors it refers to clocking. If more then 1 loop is sending clock this will also create troubles.

OK here's the output>>>
Ld 60
.trck pck
.rcnt
.lcnt

PRI TRK LOOP 25
TRSH CNT:
BPU -000
SLIPD -012 (It started at 000 but it's going up)
SLIRR -000
CRC -000
LOSFA -000
OS_BPV -000
OS_LOSFA -000
OS_YEL -000

.ssck 0

CLOCK ACTIVE
CLOCK CONTROLLER DTI061
PREF - 25
SREF - FREE RUN
AUTO SWREF CLK - ENBL
REF CLK ERR
REF CLK ERR
REF CLK ERR
REF CLK ERR
REF CLK ERR

-JO

Try the "SWCK" to switch to CC 1. Then do a "DIS CC 0" to disable and "ENL CC 0" to enable. what do you get when you "STAT 25". After "SWCK" do "SSCK 1" to stat cc 1

What system is this if it is a 61 then you should have another clock card in it. Maybe the card that it is running now is bad. The clocks should switch each night so did this just start today? If you do not suspect your cards then I would go ahead a open a ticket with the carrier.

can you post now
ld 60
.stat 25
Also, try disable the clock controller and enable again

ld 60
.dis cc 0
.enl cc 0

Please note CC will only switch during mids if ld 30 is running in mids.

STAT 25

PRI* TRK LOOP 25 - ENBL
FFMT/LCMT/YALMT: ESF/B8Z/FDL
SERVICE RESTORE: YES
YEL ALM PROCESS: YES
ALARM STATUS: NO ALARM
CH 01 - IDLE DID VOD *
CH 02...
CH 24 - DCH 25

I did a

.dis cc 0
.enl cc 0
.lcnt

and the SLIPD keeps on creeping up.

-JO

I tried mlucky's suggestion and did the following...

.SWCK
.SSCK 1
.dis cc 0
.enl cc 0

I got this message in the terminal console:

ALM :0 MAIN INDICATION TIME: 14:36
ERRORS ARE:
00000003 000000FF

checking on ssck, it shows that ssck 1 is the active clock now... stat 25 shows the same as before.
SLIPD are now increasing at a much lower rate.. (1 every 3 mins)

The time on the error message doesn't seem to be right. Would that make any difference?

-JO

in the other side which device is connected?
how much T1 links do you have?

When TRCK PCK doesn't restore the clocking, I have usually found that it is a hardware failure. We have had to replace the clock controller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back