Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DT292 multiple networks

Status
Not open for further replies.

wizo

Technical User
Oct 23, 2002
AU
Anyone manage to subscribe the DT292 to multiple networks, i cant seem to do it, I have no probs with th 9d24 handsets

Hi wizo

I have done a multiple network suscription with DT292 without problem. Switching from networks works fine also.
What kind of problem are you facing to?

Hi Fouesnant

I have 292's subscribed to our integrated system on the MD110 but I also want to subscribe them to our 1800 system aswell so that they can roam between but cant get them onto the 2nd system.

could you provide a walkthrough so i can see if im doing something wrong.

cheers mate!

Hi

I've never tried this configuration.

Differents problems might appear :
1/What kind of protocol is your 1800 system supporting? If it is still A/B, I don't think that DT292 support it.
2/Even if DT292 support A/B protocol, MD support GAP/CAP and both are incompatible.
3/Synchronisation of the DECT part is Mandatory in MD; this is the reason why you have a synchro cable between all ELU32. So as soon as the DT292 is localized on the MD, I don't think it will be possible to localized it on 1800 system as the synchro is not the same.
I remember to have problem with synchro on 1800 system connected to different Mobility Server; we tried to synchronized them but never succeed to make it working properly; so every think was move to integrated mobility in the MD.
4/At last; integrated mobility is supposed to replace 1800 systems; I don't see any advantage to keep it as there is no more support on that product.

My suggestion is to connect the Bases stations of your 1800 system directly to the ELU32 in the MD.

1/What kind of protocol is your 1800 system supporting? If it is still A/B, I don't think that DT292 support it.

A)The 1800 is GAP

2/Even if DT292 support A/B protocol, MD support GAP/CAP and both are incompatible.

A)Not applicable

4/At last; integrated mobility is supposed to replace 1800 systems; I don't see any advantage to keep it as there is no more support on that product.

A/ We use the 1800 for a dect based duress system, we switched from the MD because the ESS module built by ASCOM-Nira was only supported on the 1800 not the MD, and we needed the ESS module to do a broadcast SMS message to the 9d24 protector handsets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back