Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DT Port Slow reaction

Status
Not open for further replies.

IPGuru

Vendor
Jun 24, 2003
GB
Has anyone experienced problems with DT ports reacting slowly to user input. we have this problem on a number of sites the only similarity is that the all have a large number of 2010 exts

This is currently with Avaya under tier 4 as thios would seem to be an issue when there are a large number of DT handsets. It would seem that they do not have to be 2010, as this is happening on 2030 as well.As soonas Avay come back to us will update you

[lightsaber]

Chears I have already escalated this to avaya, but this is the 1st feedback I have had

The problem appears to be with ports 9-16 on the dt 16 module.
DT 30 units do not seem to be affected

Avaya are now trialing a new version of software & thisngs are looking good so far

There is a patch for this now, if you contact your Technical support dept of your distributor they will be able to supply this patch to you

I believe that is what I just said

No you said

"Avaya are now trialing a new version of software & thisngs are looking good so far"

I said

"There is a patch for this now, if you contact your Technical support dept of your distributor they will be able to supply this patch to you"

The diferance being the poatch is available to use!

[lightsaber]

Where are you getting your information?
accorrding to our contact this software is still on trial release.

AVAYA are just about to release 1.4(25) to replace 1.4(22) this includes the 4.3(1009) patch release for slow DT 16 Mods.

This fault as above is only effecting DT16 mods, also stops call drop outs on DT 16 as well

I can version 1.4 patch s/w [1.4(25)] has been releasd (23rd October to be precise) and is available from your distributor for download.

However the statement "This fault as above is only effecting DT16 mods, also stops call drop outs on DT 16 as well" is incorrect. This problem also affected DT30 units. It did NOT affect the DT extensions on an IP403DT.

Another side effect of this fix seems to be that it cures the spurious reboot of DT phones connected to DT16/DT30 modules. The phones would report SAMB NACKS - then reset.

Enjoy.

Remember once you hit the endstop there's nowhere else to go!

Mar sin leat

endpoint
(when you get here there's no where else to go!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back