Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DT messaging error at startup

Status
Not open for further replies.

bos

Technical User
Oct 1, 2002
US
Whenever I try and start my AIX host, an error message comes up which reads as follows:

The DT messaging system could not be started.

To correct the problem:

1. Choose [OK] to return to the login screen.
2. Select Failsafe Session from the login screen's option menu and log in.
3. Check to see that the hostname is correct in: /etc/hosts
Other hostname problems can be corrected by using the command: smit mktcpip

4. Check to see that if a search list is specified in /etc/resolv.conf, it includes the domain you machine is configured on.

For additional information, see the DT Users Guide.

I followed all the above steps yet I still get the error. Can anyone help me figure out what I'm doing wrong? Thanks.

Hi

Check disk space, is a common error when / or /home is full and you login whith CDE or other GUI. start session in commandline login and change the filesystem.

Saludos:
Lo mio no es el ingles (se nota)

Thanks for taking the time to respond. However, I looked into both of those things and they don't seem to be the cause of the problem. I have plenty of space left in the filesystems and my tcpip is set up. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

check the owner on the .dtprofile in the home dir of the user. Make sure it's set to the user loging in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back