Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DST

Status
Not open for further replies.

maoredi

Technical User
Feb 27, 2007
CA
I do not have a lot of computers in my network and I decided to do the upodates manualy to all the computers.
I updated until all the Windows Xp , with optional and High Priority updates.
The Server side as well including the Exchange Server updates.

I have a question. Are theese the tools that I have to add manualyy to each computer:
MsExTmz.exe
tzmove.exe

Is there anything else besides this ?

Can someone clarify for me on these options for this DST update.

Environment
Servers - Server 2003
Exch - 2003 SP2
Wksts - XP Pro SP2

On the servers and workstations I need to run Update for Windows XP (KB931836) via Windows update or WSUS.

Then for Exch 2003 I can either run the Outlook tool TZMove.exe on every computer with OL2003.
Or
I can run Exchange2003-KB926666-v2-x86-ENU.exe on the Exch server itself and I'll be done?

Off the many MS pages I read today there was another utility MsExTmz.msi. Do I need to use this?

You shoudl patch OS on client and servers first. Then run the Exchange rebase tool. Install the CDO update and finally run the Outlook tool to catch anything that the rebase may have missed.

I hope you find this post helpful.

Regards,

Mark

Check out my scripting solutions at

If run the OS updates on the server and clients and then the Exchange2003-KB926666-v2-x86-ENU.exe on the Exch server right after, do I still need to run Outlook tool? By updating them one after another does this not avoid any calendar issues?

I am just struggling with what util is what, everyone has a dif reference for it.

Exch rebase tool - ?
CDO update - Exchange2003-KB926666-v2-x86-ENU.exe?

Here is what I have dnld so far and not sure I have it all yet:
WindowsServer2003-KB931836-x86-ENU.exe
Exchange2003-KB926666-v2-x86-ENU.exe
MsExTmz.msi
tzmove2007-kb933146-fullfile-x86-glb.exe

Not sure which ones I need either. The more I read the more confusing it is.

I do not know what to do anymore. Anyway
What I did. I installed the server side
WINDOWS Server 2003 - KB931836-x86-ENU
and on Exchange 2003 -KB926666-v2-x86-ENU
and than on each clinet Windows XP with SP 2
all the updates but I made sure to check for the update WindowsXP-KB931836-x86-ENU than I had installed the tzmove on each workstation and the microsoft Exchange Tool update. The last one I was not sure If I have to but I had done it.

Pat

Was that for me ? or for the others ?

In step 3, is this the Mailbox Store (ServerName)? And when I add it what permissions do I check off?

Do I have this right?

1. On the servers and workstations I need to run Update for Windows XP (KB931836) via Windows update or WSUS

2. Install in order, TZMove.exe, MsExTmz.msi, tzmove2007-kb933146-fullfile-x86-glb.exe on a workstation.

Note
In step 2 when I install tzmove.exe there are a few options, Update to reflect changes to time zone or Move apt created in Orig TZ to new TZ. Do I use the defaults here?

The instructions from do NOT mention Exchange2003-KB926666-v2-x86-ENU.exe, do I need to run this on the Exch server? ( and when?

Do I need to remove meeting room/resource calendars from the Mailboxes_1.txt file?

I am following the instructions from or for DST, do I need to install Download the Exchange2003-KB926666-v2-x86-ENU.exe package on my Exch 2003SP2 server, found at (
If so when do I do this, before or after the above instructions?

Hi, I wrote the FAQ at shackelfordconsulting.com.

You DO need to download the KB926666 patch, and I would install it before you do the calendar rebasing. There are materials out there from Microsoft saying that if your users are do a whole lot of OWA-based calendar manipulation, you should run the rebasing tool before you run KB926666, but I've generally just run it first. If you've already run the tool, it's ok, just run KB926666 now.

I'll answer any other questions people post about my walkthrough.

ShackDaddy
Shackelford Consulting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back